New Expansion Discussion

Public Discussion Topics for Champions of Norrath, Guests, and Everquest in general.

Moderator: CON Moderator

Trelania
Knight Major

New Expansion Discussion

Post by Trelania »

A few things have been/are being beta tested on Test server indicating that the next expansion is Luclin. Further speculation is that it will be the "Northern" part of the moon focusing on Vah Shir, Grimlings and the war. It has also been all but confirmed that level 120 is coming!!!!

As ToV was released, Bandeko offered a prize of 1 Krono to the first person to reach level 115. That person was Desthin. While not everyone can plan their vacation time around expansion release (ahem, Desthin!), I would like to continue this incentive and offer the first 5 individual players (social or raider) to reach level 120 a reward of 1 Krono. Alts/box crew not eligible for multiple rewards.

Did you play during Luclin? What is something you are looking forward to as we adventure on through another EQ expansion?

I didn't play a lot in Luclin when it was current, what is the lore with the war?
gawayn
Soldier

Re: New Expansion Discussion

Post by gawayn »

SSra temple !
Ravwolf
Champion of Norrath

Post by Ravwolf »

hate snakes
Desthin
Knight Captain

Post by Desthin »

*waits for release date to take vacation*

To the MOON!
Rankkel
Knight Major

Post by Rankkel »

*Barfs*
Bugs, Shrooms, VT, Ssra.............I bet if it is, it'll be jam packed with faction crap too.
Damballa
Fresh Meat

Post by Damballa »

I was there when Luclin popped...mobs had so much AC =(

Think we will get faster mounts? Luclin is also where horses were introduced If I remember right.

I could use a Dagger of Death upgrade too..lol

Gonna go ahead and just start now...LFG!

-Dam
Roth
Knight Lieutenant

Post by Roth »

I just hope we done see acrylics arrow upgrades…
Pani
Knight Lieutenant

Post by Pani »

NOT READY for a new expansion. :(

Kagdessar
Knight Major

Post by Kagdessar »

Luclin here we come :}

Molson
Knight

Post by Molson »

Hunter Achievement was tricky with old Luclin expansion, hope it not the same with new.
Roth
Knight Lieutenant

Post by Roth »

Wonder what calamity is about to befall the moon, that we spend a year figuring out and another year to stop?
Desthin
Knight Captain

Post by Desthin »

Kinafe found the cheese stash and started hollowing out the moon.
Mitens
Soldier

Post by Mitens »

Finally, the vah shir get the respect they deserve.
Yyevil
Knight Major

Post by Yyevil »

General:
Wasn't raiding current content at the time, but did take my casual guild raiding for mini-bosses in several zones, like Umbral Plains, etc.

Negatives:
Played through Luclin as an Enchanter, which was very painful. Mobs had horrible magic resistance, tons of hp's and many ran at bard speed.

Positives:
Beautiful zones, unique designs, entire sets of new mobs. Vampires! DBG will have a lot of cool assets to design stuff.

Trivia: It was the last expansion to be influenced by Brad McQuaid before he left to found Sigil games and make Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
Kleitus
Knight General

Post by Kleitus »

Mitens wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:57 am Finally, the vah shir get the respect they deserve.
Vah Shir are a good enough reason to skip an entire expansion. Only race worse than Halflings is the Vah Shir.
Haitomi
Knight Lieutenant

Post by Haitomi »

Oh the joy of leveling up again, YIPPEE!!! I don't see the need to reward those that have too much playtime, but that is my two cents.
Enverdaz
Knight Lieutenant

Post by Enverdaz »

Haitomi wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:46 pm Oh the joy of leveling up again, YIPPEE!!! I don't see the need to reward those that have too much playtime, but that is my two cents.

It's a nice incentive to get some others in the XP spirit !!
I mean, we're all going to be looking for incentives at 119 - likely to be a traditional "hell level"...

.. .. .. Although I see your point.. So, maybe, in the spirit of the intention, instead of the 1st 5 to hit 120... maybe, the 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th??? Sounds, complicated sure, but it is something that could be done... with a caveat that you need to post your /log of your 120 ding... So day and time is not in question... and award the winners only after the 20th to make it is posted...

Makes it more " lottery" like and gives a few more folks their fair shot at an award...

I'm just throwing out an idea, not saying how such an awesome gesture should be handled... Just spit-balling an idea that might make the whole thing kinda neat and not just aimed at the folks (like myself) who can play non-stop for days just to be in the running... Still a challenge, because it will take less than two weeks for 20 "Mains" to hit 120... maybe less than a week!! But that's what makes it a challenge 😎

Or just do the 1st 5 😎 - not my challenge
I just hope to be in the top 20 LoL

How ever it is handled, thanks for such an awesome reward for the efforts to the dedicated members!!!

- - - - - - - you can just send me that Krono any time, save ya the time sorting through the rest.... ROFL - J/K'n 🤣😜
True power comes from within our ability to make things happen!

Elmindor
Knight Captain

Post by Elmindor »

Why not just give everyone an award for hitting 120? The sooner you hit it, the sooner you get the reward!

Elm
Elmindor 115 Ranger <<<< Original Victim - "Ranger Killers, Inc. (CEO: Senwar)"

Image Image

Image Image
Mitens
Soldier

Post by Mitens »

Elmindor wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:35 am Why not just give everyone an award for hitting 120? The sooner you hit it, the sooner you get the reward!

Elm
I vote the reward, after a specified date, is the ability to continue raiding with con!
Rankkel
Knight Major

Post by Rankkel »

Little Birdie confirmed a couple of things:
1. Level 120 increase
2. Luclin (/barf)
3. TS Ring Quest (Like ToV) but requires 350 in TS across board to complete the ring.
Pani
Knight Lieutenant

Post by Pani »

Ouch!

Bandeko
Knight Major

Post by Bandeko »

If Tre wants to throw a carrot out there for 1st to new level, that’s great.

Rav and I have done various things, and not done various things for getting to the new top level in the past.
Rav, I and the officers will discuss any sort of raider related bonus.
And yes as always, there will be a point where being 120 will be required to raid.

=Please remember that we’re barely into September, the new expansion is at least 3 months away, don’t run out of speculation energy too early, pace yourselves….
Rankkel
Knight Major

Post by Rankkel »

But start farming crap for 350 TS now ))
Kagdessar
Knight Major

Post by Kagdessar »

Did I ever tell anyone I hate TS? LOL Barely got my skills over 300. Anyone want to max out my TS to 350? "}

Tyae
Fresh Meat

Post by Tyae »

Imminent wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:10 pm 3. TS Ring Quest (Like ToV) but requires 350 in TS across board to complete the ring.
This displeases me greatly!!!
Rankkel
Knight Major

Post by Rankkel »

Yeah I just wanna curl up in a corner when I think about another TS run to 350. I said I would never ever do it again...
Pani
Knight Lieutenant

Post by Pani »

Definitely not sure that I will ever get there! Hopefully I will find more time to work on it, but leveling them costs way too much pp that I don't have!